Thursday 3 October 2013

Hello Uganda!

So here I am!

Yes it was a very hectic weekend and the packing took longer than I thought possible! So I didn't manage to do another blog post before I left the UK. We flew out of Heathrow at 21.00 on Tuesday evening (1st Oct) and landed at Entebbe at 7.30 on Wednesday morning after a very comfortable flight, but feeling somewhat jaded after a night with little sleep!

There are 5 of us 'new volunteers' joining an established and growing team of staff and volunteers in Uganda. We met for a nice lunch at a cafe near our guest house in Kampala yesterday but otherwise had a quiet day to unwind, unpack and catch up with sleep.

Feeling refreshed we started our In Country training today. I now have wifi again and can send another blog post. We also had a fabulous Ugandan lunch, with lots of different dishes to try. If the food is going to be this good I'm in the right place! There is a lovely covered area in the garden where we do our training sessions - I'll add a picture to the next blog.

The weather here is perfect, warm enough to wear a T shirt with a wrap in the evenings but not so hot that you can't move or think. It's the start of the rainy season so we've had some heavy spells of rain but after an hour or two the rain stops. We've also had some sunshine but generally cloudy. It's very green here and both the guest house and VSO office have lovely gardens.

I'm looking forward to the next week finding out more about my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment